WE ARE OPEN & READY TO SERVE YOU.
A Message From Hollywood Sound Systems - RE: COVID-19
To our friends, clients, vendors, and to those in the Los Angeles community we have been honored to serve for so many years — we very much hope you are staying safe and remain in good health during this unprecedented, uncertain, time — paying heed to the guidelines set out by our government officials, the CDC, and health organizations.
As a company that specializes in communications, pro audio equipment, and sound systems, Hollywood Sound Systems is defined as an "Essential Business" — as a “business that supplies other Essential Businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate” (Public Order Under City of Los Angeles Emergency Authority, Issue Date: April 6, 2021, Paragraph 5 (iv), (vii) (e) & (o)), and (County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer - Reopening Safer at Work Revised Order Issued 4/2/21, Effective 4/5/21 - Paragraph 18-D, N), and as “an essential critical infrastructure services provider” in the communications and information technology categories, as classified by the CISA guidelines, as per the Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response. Hollywood Sound Systems provides vital communications support services, professional sound equipment, wireless communication, fiber optics, and digital technologies such as A-Over-IP — to media outlets, podcasters, radio, television, broadcast groups, and more.
To ensure the safety of our products and of our people during this time – we are implementing particular precautions: monitoring daily updates from the LA Dept. of Public Health and CDC, following their guidance, including strict observance of social distancing measures, wearing mandatory face coverings/masks, providing access to the correct hand sanitizer and hand washing facilities with soap and water, washing our hands frequently, and keeping ourselves and our products disinfected and safe.
The re-opening/recovery plan for California, and the Los Angeles area, involves the gradual easing of restrictions in a series of carefully monitored phases. Recently, the State lifted the Regional Stay Home Order, moving all counties back into that system of monitored phases — and, although the City of Los Angeles, and the County of Los Angeles, have entered the Orange Tier, a moderate level of risk still exists, transmission of Covid-19 remains substantial within the County, and certain protocols/restrictions are still in place by necessity. We continue to monitor all updates as they are made available.
For the guidance and benefit of our clients and guests, here are our current policies and safety protocols:
- AT THIS TIME, WE ARE OPEN, BUT OUR DOORS ARE KEPT LOCKED — we do not accept walk-ins. Instead, we ask that you call and arrange an appointment to pick-up or purchase equipment. It is also a good idea to call when you actually arrive at our parking lot. NOTE - all drop-offs and pick-ups of orders and shipments take place via the warehouse entrance at the back of our building (the garage-door side of the building, next to the alley).
- DO NOT ENTER OUR BUSINESS — if you are experiencing any symptoms of sickness — including fever, cough, headache, or shortness of breath. We are taking special care to screen ourselves for symptoms, and request that you do the same.
- A MASK OR FACE COVERING — is required for everyone in attendance at our building. Please note, if you do not have a mask, you will not be allowed to enter. This is now Federally, State, and Locally mandated. Wearing a face covering is for the protection of others — even if you have received a full vaccination, it has not yet been determined whether that will prevent you from still catching the virus and passing it to others.
- EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING — if you enter our building, you must maintain a 6’+ distance from others wherever possible.
- TO MAINTAIN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR OURSELVES AND OTHERS — we proactively sanitize our environment and especially frequently touched areas — door handles, counters, surfaces. For rentals and sales, our equipment cleaning protocol has been designed to safely sanitize the various types of professional sound equipment, using the correct disinfectant cleaners for microphones, speaker cabinets, mixing consoles, cables, etc.
Of course, we are available to assist and consult with you by phone, and via email, to attend to all your communications and sound systems needs. We are open, we are here, and we are ready to serve you.
In this challenging time of uncertainty, that requires intense restrictions and physical isolation from one another, we still firmly believe in the power of sound to connect us all — to entertain, to bring joy and comfort, to inspire, and to deliver the critical information and guidance that will lift us up and help us move forward together.
Updated April 9, 2021